Here are some examples of cybersecurity risks when working from home:
- Modern world (Apps and Data in the Cloud) you can access the workspace from anywhere – from a safe or an unsafe machine.
- No way of accounting of how and when data was accessed from and where it remained.
- Data can be shared with everyone in the household (roommates, family).
- Data can be printed from a home computer.
- Data can remain on an indefinite number of personal devices – legacy technology has no way of restricting how and from where the data can be accessed and stored.
- Ransomware attacks – aside from corporate devices we have expanded footprint to BYOD devices – more devices to protect and monitor.